Friday, October 10, 2008

The Month of Art, Books, and Memories. . .

. . . that's the month of October.
When was the last time
you went to a museum?
Or to the silid aklatan
which you better know as a library?
Memories of the past.
Stories wrapped in memories.
Shaped from mud.
Written in pencil.
Painted.

My friend Claire
loves to paint toys
that tells the story
of her memories.

Her last exhibit (August) at Tin-aw Gallery
"louder symphony, homage to crashing"
are happy images of superheroes
playing in the human world.

I sometimes wonder
who is really playing and happy?
Was it the toy or the child?
The one playing or the object of play?
'Cause everytime I play
my play ball seems to be the one
enjoying and bouncing in joy.
While I am tired catching my breath
from running after it!

You can read many stories
in some works of art
which you will find
in a museum or art gallery.
Or in the pages of a book.
Or in the memories left by loved ones
who has freely left your life.

Maybe
it is just right
to visit them again.



from Sumo's October 9 post:
Ang Buwan ng Sining, Aklat at Alaala . . .