Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sweepy's Barkday!


My little brother Sweepy turned 7 last March 18. He was pretty excited because he received a lot of treats. We also had a chat pawty which I hate because it is noisy and I get startled by all the noise ringing from different friends calling and greeting us.




I tried to give my cutest smile but Sweepy told me that the webcam is not working. I wanted to show my smile and sniff at all the other dogs on the screen but they all look jumpy and the PC smell like burning wires which was the reason I peed on it.




Anyway, I enjoyed Sweepy's birthday. We had vanilla yogurt, ice cream and sponge cake. Keeper Lui made our usual chicken adobo and gave to some of the roaming dogs and cats. Keeper also treated Mang Tirso and his helper for some refreshments. Mang Tirso and his helper were helping de-clog the water drainage down Rainbow Avenue. It was a hard, dirty work and Mang Tirso has to work the whole of Rainbow Avenue.


Keeper also treated Emy for refreshments. Emy is the head of our homeowners subdivision. Emy would always peep at us every time she passes by our house and always call my name because she remembers me as the one who refused to have his annual shot at the village. Emy reminded me of our annual shot in August. But that's still a long way from March.


Anyway, Emy thinks it is cool for dogs like us to celebrate our birthdays. For people like them dogs are just animals that do not enjoy events like parties and treats. Now you know why Keeper is having a hard time convincing community leaders like them to consider animal welfare and protection as a main agenda in their work.


We donated a lot for Sweepy's birthday. In lieu of a bigger party, we donated to raise funds for homeless animals, for a loved one who died, for a sick cat, and medications for a sick artist. Keeper can not save because there are so many people, animals and groups needing help. And while we remain comfortable and secure, we need to reach out to those who have less.

Sweepy's birthday is a blast. I hope yours will be as memorable and meaningful . . .