Monday, May 4, 2009

Today's Flowers

This is the Story of Lilli in Heaven!





This is one of my favorite flowers in our house Heaven. It does not choose any specific month or time to bloom. It blooms anytime of the year! Like a wonderful movie its entrance is quite dramatic. Small, wet buds shoots out from its roots as early as April!



Look! it is so small at first and is the pot just on top of our orchids which I shared in my previous post.




When I smell the minty smell, I knew it is around. Some people call it Tiger Lily. I look at it but I see no resemblance to a tiger nor a lily so I am not sure. . .

I pass by this flower everyday to watch its spectacular entry into our house Heaven.




. . . and everyday brings a surprise!




. . . everyday, it starts to grow longer . . .



. . . and longer . . . and lower . . .



. . . until the small wet bud starts to open and spread its petal to reveal its flower!



It can get so long that it drops way down pass the orchids . . .



. . . so low I can smell and almost kiss it!



But my human companions warn me against eating flowers!
It might be poison for animals like me.



My younger brother Sweepy loves to smell it too!
He's pretty playful so I have to warn him against grabbing any of it.



When the buds would all open its petals to reveal the flowers
you can almost hear a full orchestra of wild, singing flowers!
You do not have to hear its music.
You just watch it bloom beautifully and almost hear and smell it!






I am sharing this flower with other flower lovers around the world where you can also watch other beautiful flowers there. Just click on the flower below: