Monday, December 7, 2009

Today's Flowers





. . . are happy holiday flowers that greet the busy people and dogs passing by the main street of our subdivision. My human companion Luchie told me they are called Zinnias. My other human companion Lui was not sure but told me she will ask our friends at TodaysFlowers community. Flower lovers around the world exchange flower stories there every week and I think I am the only flower dog in the group!



The Zinnias, if indeed these flowers are called by that name, are very beautiful and the caretaker wrapped the area in barbed wire probably to keep trespassers from picking or destroying the flowers. No wonder there are no pee mails in any of these flowers. However, the kind owner of these flowers allowed us to go near.



These flowers come in all velvety colors and they have a subtle strong pungent smell that hint of musk and herbs. Scents that humans don't really like. I like it though. Dogs have different preferences than humans when it comes to scents.



My human companion Lui was told that these flowers remain blooming for a week. That means the owners can enjoy it for a week. I wonder if we can grow them in our house Heaven? Luchie shook her head. That means she will not plant them. Luchie is the planter in Heaven.



Flower lovers will love staying at that garden but one must not overstay his welcome. Lui thanked the owner because Luchie is already waiting for us by the curb!



More beautiful flowers and stories at TodaysFlowers so visit by just clicking here.