Friday, January 15, 2010

My 9th Birthday!

Today, my father Sumo and I are jointly celebrating our birthdays! Popsy Sumo turned 10 years (that's about 70 in human years) and I turned 9 (63 in human years). In our house Heaven, animals have longer lifespan. My Mumsy Pica was 17 when she died.

Popsy had his cake first because I was sleeping all day. It was quite cold in our place so when my little brother Sweepy woke me up, we missed the cake!


I missed a lot too. I was feeling lazy all month and with the cold windy weather, I prefer to take longer naps and shorter plays which our human friend Lui said might not be good for me. Lui said I should have more time for longer walks and play. Lui also said she made a cake for all of us! When she presented it to me I was so happy.


I may not look it but I am very happy. I simply have a bland expression. It's a good thing Lui knows how I feel even if my face does not show it. When Lui gave me my cake, my brother Sweepy ate with me:



Lui made Sweepy his own cake but he prefers to eat mine! So Lui gave me another . . .



. . . which I enjoyed chewing on the floor! Since it is my birthday, I can make a mess!



Sweepy, meanwhile finished everything on the plate!



So when I finished mine and went to check on him . . .

. . . my cake plate is empty!


And Sweepy is back sitting and waiting again!