Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dog Pajamas by my Keeper Lui!


This is Keeper's attempt to sew pajamas for us to snuggle during the colder December month. Yeah, it has a hood and the one she made for my brother Sweepy has sleeves! It looks okay but Sweepy looks awkward and it fell short of covering Sweepy's body.




Keeper Lui is not good in sewing but she wanted to make stuff for us by recycling whatever is available around her. Well, she tried . . .



Mine is just a wrap-around. Keeper realized she failed in putting together the pieces in Sweepy's pajamas so Keeper just let it loose in my case so it won't be difficult to wear it. . . It is pretty stuffy for my taste but I wore it to make her happy. To be honest, I don't really need it because I have thick furs and I love cold weather. Besides, I have cool scarves, hats and gloves. That would keep me warm.



My brother Sweepy is happy though. Sweepy loves to show off his stuff. He likes it when people gather around him and admire his cutey stuff. Keeper's pajamas are indeed cutey stuff and Sweepy loves to snuggle in it. Cold weather or not. In the end, when Keeper is not looking, we just played around with our pajamas.


And this week Sweepy gave Keeper a big scare. Keeper found Sweepy looking like this.

Sweepy's eyes are all bright and his body stood rigid, as if frozen in space, and unmoving. Keeper cried out and rushed to him. I went to check my little brother and knew he's okay. Turns out, Sweepy stepped on somebody's poo (not mine) and the poo got stuck in his paws, which is the reason he looks like that. Keeper laughed in relief and carried the stiff guy to wash his paws. It was the Major Chit-Chat all week. Keeper kept laughing about it even when she's alone. Sweepy is not laughing at all.



And this is Simba:

Simba is one of the K9 dogs assigned to watch the Glorietta malls during the holidays. Keeper was rushing through the stores and when she saw Simba, her world stopped. Keeper rushed to Simba and asked Simba's handler if she can photograph him. And then, Keeper did the unthinkable. She asked Simba's handler if she can pat Simba and the handler could not resist Keeper's charming smile. A Big Mistake. For as soon as Keeper touched Simba, Simba went on play mode, kissing Keeper, lying down to allow Keeper to rub his belly and practically breaking the rules of an alert and watchful K9 dog. Keeper and Simba made a spectacle at the mall for an hour! Keeper told me Simba reminded her of me. I do look like Simba.

Keeper apologized to the handler and the mall guards but nobody scolded her. Everybody who saw Keeper and Simba playing were also enjoying the warm scene.

Keeper left Simba with tears in her eyes. Simba left Keeper with drools over her silly face. Of course we knew about it when Keeper got home and we sniffed Simba's scent all over her. Keeper's smell was of strange drools and mushy love . . .