Friday, June 5, 2009

Harvest Time!

My human companions Luchie and Lui were quite excited this week. One of them has decided to go up the roof to clean and sweep the fallen dry leaves before they clog our drainage. When it rains, the water gets clogged and may damage our roof especially since we are now having the rainy season in the Philippines.

While on the roof, Luchie will also try to harvest some of our avocado fruits.




My job is to keep watch over her and our harvest.



This is not an easy task. Every year I keep watch over our avocado harvest but I can not eat them. Avocados are bad for dogs since they are poison for us. Too bad they smell tempting to eat and I heard the people say that avocados are great for creamy dips, ice cream and slush!






I called my little brother Sweepy to help with the job because Sweepy is quite grumpy these days because his blog got missing. Sweepy is barking at his old blog until Blogger restore his site. This will keep Sweepy occupied and be less grumpy.




There are a lot of avocado fruits on our beautiful tree Yvon but my human companion Luchie can not reach all of them with her improvised fruit picker. Look, Luchie made this thing herself!




It seemed OK because Luchie gets to pull some of the fruits using this contraption. One fruit at a time though. Look, I have to pick the fruit and deposit in our basket!




Hmmm, I don't think Sweepy is enjoying our task today. Look how bored he is:



Sweepy gets impatient and wants to leave but I do not leave until Luchie and Lui are done. I want to make sure they are OK. Sweepy will just have to wait and stay with me.



We got less than ten fruits today.





And look how big and smooth the avocado we got:



This fruit will ripen in a few days. The green skin will turn purplish and the fruit will feel soft, an indication that it is ripe and can be eaten already! That will make the people in our house Heaven truly happy!



Later, my Popsy Sumo came and took a sniff too:



Popsy is always sleeping these days. Popsy likes rainy days.
The drizzle cools the freaky sunny and cloudy day . . .