Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today's Flowers



This is one of the orchid plants hanging around our house Heaven. It fell from its hanging and we found it lying on the floor. The pot got broken and my human companions do not want to transfer it to another pot because they thought that might hurt the plant. You see the plant is about to present her flowers!



There. Can you see the flower like a baby inside a womb?



The people in our house Heaven started watching this plant closely and giving it extra care. Although we always have orchids blooming in Heaven this one needs extra attention. There are three flowers in this pot all waiting to come out and my job is to make sure nobody will touch it except my human companions. So when the birds and the lizards would come near I barked at them!


After a week, the bud takes a peek!


. . . and my human companion Lui held it gently in her hand.


And in a few days, the buds start singing in greeting!




. . . slowly the buds come out . . .





. . . and that's my little brother Sweepy helping me keep watch. Everyday, the plant gets noisy and smell differently until finally . . .




. . . there goes our beautiful orchids!




All three flowers blooming wild!
All three flowers singing and calling us with its heady scent!
The bees try to hover but I am still on guard.


I will keep watch over our flowers with my brother Sweepy . . .


. . . until they fade and fall!



I am sure there are great flowers blooming in FlowersToday
so do go and visit them too!