Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When Orchids Fade and Fall . . .

Remember the flowers I posted last Sunday for my human friends who love flowers at FlowersToday? Well, here is our orchid plants on its last few days . . .



The flowers started falling and the casing where the flowers stayed before they start to bloom now turns yellow and brittle and wrinkled . . . just like most beings who get old . . .




When the flowers fade they fall. Now this flower falls before it fades. It fell near where my Popsy Sumo takes his afternoon nap.

Please do not mind my Popsy's glum-looking face. He sometimes look glum even when he is happy. Some people I know look like that too! They appear sad even when they are happy. My Popsy Sumo is happy because he got nominated for the Philippine Blog Awards!



The flowers fell on my little brother Sweepy too and startled him.

Sweepy is a little hyper. Anything that moves and hiss make him agitated and he almost attacked the plant until he remembered that we are supposed to keep watch over it. Sweepy takes his task seriously. He is after all a SuperDog!


Sweepy will keep watch over it for now. I would rather stay away when flowers fall. It makes me sad to watch flowers fade and fall. Our human companion Lui said that flowers need to fall so it can regenerate and have new buds and flowers. Lui said this is the reason we have flowers blooming all year round in our house Heaven. Lui said some people undergo rebirth also when they accept changes in their life and move on to create a new and better approach to living.

But I know that. Animals know the cycle of life and death. We understand it better than people. But that does not mean that just because we know and understand it makes us indifferent to it. Which is why when deaths and changes happen in Heaven I get sad . . . and I long for Lui's hug to make it bearable . . . and I am glad when Lui understands and gives me my hug without a need for words . . .