Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today's Flowers!


My flowers today are called Hoya! We used to call them Adi but now we call them Hoya after our friends at TodaysFlowers told us. I featured them before but I am featuring them again because they kept blooming. And also because there are two of them! Look:



So alike yet so different.
I wonder if they are the same plant?
They are quite noisy and they seem to call me a lot!



And when I get there, they sing too loud.
My brother Sweepy said that maybe they are laughing at me!



I don't think they are laughing.
I think they are gorgeous and they don't need to be watched.
They are hung a bit high for any of us to accidentally step on them.

The Hoya start like a long crooked old stem:



In two days, the yellow tip starts sprouting small round closed petals that is as small as my human companion Lui's hand:



In three days, the closed petals start growing and can almost fill up Lui's hand!



And look at the other one grow in two days:



They have no smell.
They are so beautiful and they last almost for a month!
When the petals fall, another one will grow in the same stem.
So we get to enjoy them a lot!



For more enjoyable flowers, visit TodaysFlowers!