Monday, November 16, 2009

Today's Flowers


My flowers today belong to our neighbor Dawgy who lives across our house Heaven. My human companion Lui may be myopic but she can see flowers from a distance. This flower is as small as beads and can hardly be seen from our house but Lui saw it right away!

I do not know the name of this flower and neither does our dog friend Dawgy who lives in that house. I don't think Dawgy cares about plants. Anyway, Lui said the flower appear as buds like these:



. . . and when it opens, it reveals small red petals! And in case my friend Asterix is visiting, yes Asterix, this flower sings. Voff!



. . . and the flowers have little buds in the middle
which I am not sure if it can be eaten
but Lui always remind us not to eat flowers!




It sure looks good though when the flower is blooming and the buds appear like these:




Lui saw these flowers because the streets were empty and quiet yesterday afternoon when the Filipino boxer Pacquiao was having a boxing match with a Puerto Rican named Cotto. It was always like these every time there is a Pacquiao match. And the unusual silence always make Lui uncomfortable that she surveyed the neighborhood and that was when she saw the flowers. And while all these were going on, my brother Sweepy tried wrestling with me but the weather was too humid for playing . . .



And my father Sumo is sleeping all day with the fan turned on full time:



And I was left alone to watch our house Heaven and RainbowAve and all the flowers singing on a sunny day. At the end of my task, I got a drooly kiss from Lui and a cup of yogurt!



For more flowers do go and visit TodaysFlowers and give somebody a buzz.