Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kagila-gilalas (Shocking)

A lot of people were asking Bogart for the meaning of this word. Bogart is patiently transcribing my stories for my friends in other countries.

Wow, I never knew they want to read my stories. Geez, I even made the font smaller so that some oldies there will get lazy reading. Arf! Now don't tell on me. That was just a joke.

Anyway, this is what is 'kagila-gilalas':


There, look at that face?
You don't need words to describe it.
It is clearly etched in my looks.
Truly shocking, right?


So when does my world get kagila-gilalas?
Okay, listen well and I will share it with you:


1. When I read Sweepy's blog.
It is not only shocking. It is crazy and at times, embarrassing.
That one is pretty spoiled. He was full of antics ever since
he was a puppy. . . Quite shocking really. . .


2. Everytime Bogart barks.
Now here's another one. So pesky.
You don't know what is ailing him.
When he was a puppy, he was sooo quiet.
At first, Pica and I thought Bogart was slow.
But as the years passed, he started showing
he is smart. Look, he is transcribing my stories.
Unlike Sweepy, who claims to be a Pinoy Hound,
when he can't speak Pilipino. He speaks in English always.
But Bogart, even if you do not say a word, he knows
what you are thinking. That is why when Bogart barks,
you get surprised. That is rare and for sure he has
a real reason for it.


3. The other shocking thing in my world is my good friend Lui.
She is human, unlike us. But her world is harsh. Rowdy and
dangerous too. Sometimes, she would say that the world of
humans are surrounded by beast. Hey, Lui, I am not a beast.
I am a dog and even if I look like a beast, I am really gentle
and tame . . .

And here's my gentle face. Rough but gentle.

Lui was able to tap into our powerful sense of hearing
and smelling. She can strongly hear the coming of rain,
storms and earthquakes. She taunts us a lot whenever
she gets ahead of us. "It's going to rain! . . .Looks like a
storm is coming! . . . Sumo, earthquake!"

She is ahead of us by 5 seconds and we are ahead
of people by 10 seconds or even by 1 minute.
Lui is probably half human, half animal.

But inspite of her power to hear and smell, the opposite
goes to her movements. She falls easily. When she plays
running with us, she always bumps and slips into a fall.
She is extremely clumsy. Forgetful too!

Anyway, I better take a nap for now. It is pretty tiring
to be in my kagila-gilalas world . . .



Sumo's Post July 12, 2008
Kagila-gilalas