Monday, November 2, 2009

Today's Flowers


My flower today is Hoya. My human friends at TodaysFlowers told me the real name of this flower. We used to call Hoya by another name, Adi, taken from the name of our human friend from India. Now, our Adi flower has two names!


Today I am showing Hoya/Adi in a different phase.



Slowly letting go of its small petals . . .



Falling like small shooting stars . . .



. . . down to the ground of our house Heaven.


Hoya needs to shed its petals so it can begin anew. To prepare its stem again and possibly to sprout another Hoya in its place. Hoya is a non-stop miracle in our house Heaven. And just like the passing of typhoon Santi (international code name Mirinae) in our house this weekend, we woke up to face another day. Another day that smell and feel like new. Something happened after the typhoon. And whatever it is, we really like it!

I am sure there are flowers blooming and shedding in my flower community at TodaysFlowers so please visit them by clicking on it.